Best Dentist in Manassas: Restore Missing Teeth With Dental Implants
Posted by Stonewall Dental Associates on Mar 1 2021, 10:48 AM
In this present world, most of the population suffers from tooth loss due to varied reasons like poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, oral cancer, accidents, mouth injuries, and many more.
Today's camera-fond society has made most individuals more conscious of having a picture-perfect look. A lost or missing tooth can bring in a lot of embarrassment and low self-confidence. Dental implants are one of the best dentistry solutions to fix your missing tooth to maintain your perfect-looking smile permanently.
A Dental Implant is a multi step procedure as it involves quite a few steps for its completion. It requires routine check-ups over several weeks.
The basic steps involved are:
- Bone grafting -This is an extra procedure needed for patients with a soft jawbone to create a strong base for the implant to be placed in the ideal position this will make withstand the pressures exerted during chewing activities. This step depends solely on your jawbone condition.
- Placing the Dental Implant -The gums are cut open to expose the bone. A hole is created into the bone to implant the metal post , i.e., usually a titanium screw.
- Waiting for Bone Growth - The jawbone has to grow and unite the implant's surface to provide a solid base for the crown, a process known as osseointegration. This might take months.
- Placing the Abutment -The gum is cut open to place this on the implant. Then it is closed with the gum but not completely only at the sides. This is done to attach the crown or artificial tooth eventually. It requires almost two weeks to heal before attaching the crown. Sometime this procedure can be avoided if the cover for the implant (Healing abutment) was placed at the same time of the implant surgery
- Crown Selection -In this step, a realistic-looking artificial tooth is selected and placed on your implant.
- Better Appearance – Implants are more natural-looking as it gets infused with your bone, which boosts your self-esteem and makes you more confident about yourself.
- More Comfort – It easily becomes a part of your mouth and stays fixed in a place for activities like eating and drinking, unlike the dentures that tend to slide within the mouth, making it difficult to use.
- Enhanced Speech – Implants provide the liberty to speak without fear as it won't slip within the mouth like poor-fitting dentures, causing you to mumble or slur in speech.
- Durable – Implants that are well maintained can sometimes last decades or a lifetime.
- Improved Oral Health – Since implants don't bother nearby teeth and are fixed with the right amount of space in between, it is easier to brush and floss.
- Preserve natural tooth structure unlike bridge implants are placed into the bone so the neighbouring teeth won’t have to be compromised and drilled
Dental implants are among the most successful dental procedures, with an overall success rate of 95% lasting several decades to help you maintain a healthy smile.