Benefits of Dental Implants
Implants come with significant benefits. They include the following:
- Preserve the integrity of bone structure after tooth loss, limiting future facial deterioration.
- Maintain the health of adjacent teeth as there is no bridgework included.
- Replace loose-fitting dentures.
- Distribute bite forces evenly.
- Function and feel like natural teeth.
- An improvement in your overall oral health.
- Improve speaking ability when bulky dentures are eliminated
- Improve facial appearance by preventing bone loss
- Allows eating your favorite foods without discomfort.
- Increased self-esteem and confidence.
- Implants usually last longer with fewer problems than comparable bridgework on natural teeth.
Why should you choose a dental implant?
Dental implants are more strong and long-lasting than other tooth replacement options, like dentures and dental bridges. It will never come loose like dentures, nor it doesn't have to be secured to your other teeth like a bridge. Dental implants are permanent solutions for missing teeth as they are screwed into your jawbone.
Dental Implants Procedure
The procedure to place dental implants involves the following steps:
- Tooth Extraction: If the tooth concerned is damaged, it is extracted.
- Jaw Bone Grafting: Placing dental implants require sufficient bone density. If the jaw bone is not thick enough, a bone graft would be needed to provide the implant with a strong base.
- Dental Implant Placement: The gum is cut open and drilled into, and the rod is inserted to place the dental implant.
- Abutment Placement: Once the bone fuses with the implant, an abutment is placed so that the artificial tooth may be fixed over it.
- Tooth Placement: As the last step, an artificial tooth is placed over the implant.
For more information about tooth replacement using dental implants, please contact us or schedule an appointment online.